Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Hi everyone. Maybe you've come here via my other site or maybe you found me through other means, but regardless I'm glad you're reading this. My name is Dave and, as the name of the site implies, I'm writing a book, or at least trying to. Let me explain...

Recently I wrote a proposal for a book on the history of sampling in music and sent it off to a publisher I had been in communications with. They turned down my offer in the most polite manner possible, most likely due to my lack of experience in the field of professional writing. Apart from my blog, The Unheard Music, I have no writing credits, certainly nothing professional. Nonetheless, a lot of people who have read my writings about unreleased albums and why they remain so have told me they found my text well written and informative.

That said, after communicating with several friends and supporters, I've decided to write the book on my own regardless of publishing support. This is not to say that I wouldn't accept support if I am able to get it, and I do intend to continue actively looking for possible support, but with or without assistance I will attempt to contact all the parties I hope to interview for the book.

This site is intended to give anyone looking for information about my project or how to contact me details about how to do so. If you have questions for me you can either leave comments here or send me an e-mail at dct3book-at-gmail-dot-com, which is also listed in my profile. If you want to contact me by other means, please e-mail me first and I will give you details how to do so.

I will be posting updates as they occur to let anyone interested know what is happening with the book, although please don't be surprised if there are decent length lapses between posts. It may be a while between updates but they will be shared as they happen.

Thank you for reading,
David Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment